Everyone craves sweets! But, we also considered that people want a snack that contains a few ingredients, is easy to make and is nutritious! We have created a delicious, guilt-free cookie recipe that you and the whole family can snack on. Nana Flakes® are 100% dried banana flakes that you can incorporate into smoothies, as toppings, and baked goods. Plus, you can substitute Nana Flakes® for butter, oil, or eggs too! Watch the video below to see the simple step-by-step process.
The Power of Bananas
Bananas are a great source of vitamins, potassium, and minerals. Yet, bananas can provide your body so many other health benefits. For example, bananas can help provide your body with electrolytes. Drink smoothies with bananas to help replenish your body after you exercise.
According to LiveScience.com “Bananas can be helpful in overcoming depression “due to high levels of tryptophan, which the body converts to serotonin, the mood-elevating brain neurotransmitter,” Flores said.” Stay happy and healthy! Eat more bananas.
Bananas can also help to stimulate appetite, relieve the pain & burning symptoms of occasional heartburn, and help form firm stools when you have diarrhea.* As Hippocrates says “Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food.”
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Ba-Nana Flake® Recipe
✅ We are using Nana Flakes® as an egg substitute in this recipe.
Bake at 350 Degrees for 9-12 minutes (Time will vary depending on oven)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp. Nana Flakes
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (can use vegan chocolate chips to make this recipe “vegan friendly”)
- Mix 2 tbsp of Nana Flakes® with 6 tbsp of cold water. Let the mixture thicken up, about 5 minutes, before incorporating it into the batter.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat in the peanut butter, Nana Flakes®, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into individual balls on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 9-12 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Please note, these cookies are more delicate so allow them to rest & firm up before transferring to wire rack.
Serving Size: 1 cookie, Calories: 136, Total Carbs: 14g, Protein: 3g
Total Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 8mg, Sodium: 9mg
Potassium: 82g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 12g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database via Nutrifox, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult a doctor before altering your diet in any way, including going gluten-free, or taking any supplements.