Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) are caused by bacteria growth on bladder cells. To maintain urinary tract health, daily consumption of 36mg of cranberry proanthocyanidins (PACs) is effective at preventing bacteria from adhering to bladder cells. This includes preventing UTIs.
UTI treatment is a $1B USD per year health problem affecting millions of people each year and is amongst the most common bacterial infections affecting women and patients with a urinary catheter. Your urinary tract consists of your kidneys, bladder, & urethra. Once UTIs hits the kidneys, it is more difficult to treat than if it is caught earlier. That is why it is important to also know the symptoms of UTIs.
- A strong, persistent urge to urinate
- A burning sensation when urinating
- Passing frequent, small amounts of urine
- Urine that appears cloudy
- Urine that appears red, bright pink, or cola-colored — a sign of blood in the urine
- Strong-smelling urine
- Pelvic pain, in women — especially in the center of the pelvis and around the area of the pubic bone
- Drink plenty of liquids, especially water. Drinking water helps dilute your urine and ensures that you’ll urinate more frequently — allowing bacteria to be flushed from your urinary tract before an infection can begin.
- Drink cranberry juice. Although studies are not conclusive that cranberry juice prevents UTIs, it is likely not harmful.
- Wipe from front to back. Doing so after urinating and after a bowel movement helps prevent bacteria in the anal region from spreading to the vagina and urethra.
- Empty your bladder soon after intercourse. Also, drink a full glass of water to help flush bacteria.
- Avoid potentially irritating feminine products. Using deodorant sprays or other feminine products, such as douches and powders, in the genital area can irritate the urethra.
- Change your birth control method. Diaphragms, or unlubricated or spermicide-treated condoms, can all contribute to bacterial growth.
DID YOU KNOW?
CRAN-B-PAC is an over-the-counter UTI treatment option. It contains 36mg of PAC per 2 tbsp (capful) that can help in preventing UTIs and the overuse of antibiotics. 5 all-natural, active ingredients. Provides 24-hour protection for both men & women. CRAN-B-PAC contains as much PAC as 10 ounces of cranberry juice cocktail.