“Beef” Stroganoff Recipe – Serves About 6 people
* If gluten free, please substitute flour for cornstarch. Also substitute Worcestershire sauce with either Tamari style soy sauce or any gluten free alternative. Use soba noodles to substitute the egg noodles.
- Before cooking, rehydrate the Carmel Colored Tidbits. Take the 1lb bag of Carmel Colored Tidbits (dry) and put in a bowl.
Pour in 1 cup of hot vegetable, beef, or chicken broth. Let TVP sit for about 5 minutes or until all the broth has been absorbed.
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 – 12oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 lb lean beef – cut into small strips
- 1/3 lb TVP
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce*
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 8 oz. egg noodles*, uncooked
- 1.5 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions and cook for about 3-5 minutes until tender and brown. Add salt and pepper
- Add beef strips and cook until brown, 3-5 minutes. Add uncooked TVP here so it can absorb all the flavors. Stir in garlic and thyme until fragrant.
- Whisk in flour*, about 1 minute.
- Stir in wine, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in beef stock, Worcestershire Sauce*, Dijon mustard and egg noodles*. Add salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and then reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked.
- Stir in cream until heated, 1-2 minutes.
- Top with chopped parsley.