Chili Thyme “Chicken” Meatballs – Serves 6
* If gluten free, please substitute the bread crumbs for a gluten free alternative. In place of Worcestershire sauce, use Tamari style soy sauce or use an alternative.
- Before cooking, rehydrate the Uncolored Minced TVP. Take the 1lb bag of Uncolored Minced TVP (dry) and put in a bowl.
Pour in 1 cup of hot vegetable, beef, or chicken broth. Let TVP sit for about 5 minutes or until all the broth has been absorbed.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 lb Uncolored Minced TVP
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3 tbsp unseasoned bread crumbs*
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce*
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Fresh oregano, chopped
- Fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- After TVP sits in broth of your choice, squeeze out any excess juice. Put in an emulsion blender or mixer until it resembles pulled pork.
- Mix beef, TVP, garlic, egg, bread crumbs*, Worcestershire sauce*, hot paprika, onion powder, fresh oregano, fresh thyme, brown sugar, lemon zest, and salt and pepper. Form into mini meatballs. Should make around 28-30 meatballs.
- Brown on all sides for about 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve with pasta or a side of your choice.